We’re very thankful to Julia (one of our ChristChurch Tilehurst members) for giving us this recipe.
8oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
1 1/2oz caster sugar
2 1/2oz hard margarine
2 1/2oz butter
- Preheat oven to 130°C (fan).
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl, add sugar, margarine and butter (roughly chopped).
- Place in a food mixer and set on a low speed until it forms a smooth dough. Alternatively, this can be rubbed by hand then formed into a dough.
- Cover the dough (e.g. clingfilm) and put in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Roll out on a floured surface and use the snowflake cutters to cut out your biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with extra caster sugar.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack, and enjoy when cool!